Pages

Friday, October 15, 2010

I think I'm Sick...

So today is just one of those days you just can't figure out why in the world things are going the way they are. I woke up to an aching body, confusion and a runny nose wondering why my body was aching, my head was jumbled up with thoughts and why the heck I always have to reach for tissue every morning. Memories of yesterday's rock climbing trip help in making sense of the body pains.

I still gather enough strength to get out of my sleeping bag (long story that i'll be sure to post about when the time is right), find my mattress mate (still part of the long story) sorting out stuff for his Mount Kenya trip. I feel the need to say that I have been to Mt. Kenya three times in the last two years, twice last year, once this year so I felt a bit nostalgic. So between grunting under my breath and offering 'life saving' advice, I found myself saying things i wasn't even sure of...at least i knew who I was talking to. Anyway, after a few minutes i dashed into the shower only to find a dry floor and tiles....

I understand water shortage more than most people, but my reaction was a bit on the overreacting side. I honestly cannot remember what exactly I did or said but I think there is a reason why guys are looking at me all funny. After a while I decide to go to a friend's a shower there.... No point, he lives in a hostel so the queue of random men in towels waiting for the sole hot shower doesn't look worth it, especially today. Before I can even plan my next move my phone rings and it's a client. I forgot to send her the flier i was designing for her company.... Crap! "Hallo? hey, how are you...ya, i sent it...guess it didn't reach you, lemme see if I can send it again." I have to look for a computer!!!!! Argh!!! Okay, a few 'come down Ras(s)' later, I meet my friend who reluctantly gives me his laptop and I send the darn flier. That is of course after several minutes of derailment and going through folders in an attempt to add some spice into this day.

So done with the flier, then I remember I had a date with someone scheduled at 11.30; it's now 11.48. "Why world, why?!" Anyway, I have a computer...hmmm. Go through some pictures, show off some old designs and then it hits me; I can start the blog I've been thinking about for the last few weeks...okay to be honest, months (I pride myself in being one of the great procrastinators. If I was president I would have procrastinated promulgation just coz the two words almost sound the same.) A few paragraphs later and I am here.

It hits me the reason my day is so crappy is coz I must be sick. The runny nose, groggy voice, creased face (partly coz of the annoying people talking to me now) and weird day. At least I started a blog...wait, I'm supposed to be hanging out with girl friend right now...! Crap!

Hopefully she'll like the blog....

No comments:

Post a Comment